Thursday, August 20, 2015

Where to from here?

Fabrics thought suitable for the Universe quilt had been pulled out of my stash many moons ago and stored in a tub. With a nearly 5 months hiatus, which included surgery and radiotherapy for breast cancer, I'm back on track! At this time of Imbolc, as we head towards the Easter Equinox, I have taken them out into the light to start to choose those to include, and those to put aside. The hand-dyes are my favourites, and have been collected over many years. I also like the contrast with the printed commercial cottons. It's a delicate situation, and I'm feeling very tentative, but I'll trust the process and get started on the fabrics. The drawing has been transferred to butcher's paper, from which I will cut template shapes to guide cutting the materials. It's only then that I will be able to play around and make decisions about the basic background colours. Is there any 'background' in/to the Universe; seems to me that the design I've drawn would look just as well upside-down... or on its side...

At the moment I'm thinking to hold off with the pink tonals, and work with the purples and blues. The only way to know is to start cutting!

No comments:

Post a Comment