Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Addendum to “Twilight”

 This small art quilt has existed in liminal space over several years, waiting to be reinvented. It has in fact come into final form after the addition of another panel. After completing this little wall hanging by stitching along the binding another option presented itself for inclusion. 

I’d muddled around with a small strip, adding a variety of leaves from my collection, already cut out and stored in my shoebox. Created separately, I wasn’t sure whether to include it in this backyard quilt or save it for the next one that I have in mind. However, this has probably become the most ‘unpicked’ and reworked piece I have ever made. The lower boundary had to be unpicked for the addition to be made. So be it! As a result, the final manifestation now includes the ‘ground’ at the base, as though standing at the edge of the lagoon, and positions the viewer to be drawn into the entirety of the spirit of this amazing and sacred place. 

570x360mms



No comments:

Post a Comment